By: Cait Marie
I know this is late, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks, but I did it! I finally read a decent amount last month and I’m out of my slump! Of the books I listed last month that I wanted to read, I did finish three of them and read about half of a couple others. Audiobooks have really changed how quickly I can get through books. This month I listened to six audiobooks, beta read an eBook, and read a short story in an anthology. Here’s what I read:
- City of Ashes, City of Glass, and City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare – Continuing my re-read, I finished books 2, 3, and 4 of The Mortal Instruments. Reading these books again has really reminded me of how much I love this series! I will do a full series review when I’m finished.
- Enchantics by Lela Grayce – Enchantics is part of a paranormal romance anthology. This story is like Charmed meets The Covenant, and I loved it. It’s just a short story, so hopefully there will be more in the future!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – This book was adorable. It had been on my TBR for years. When it was announced that the movie was being released on Netflix, I decided it was finally time to read it. Read the full review here.
- Scylla by Lela Grayce – I received an ARC of this and was super excited. This is book two of the Lunar Medallion series, which I absolutely love. This new fantasy series is very original and intriguing. This book did not disappoint at all. Read the full review here. Scylla is released Thursday, September 13.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston – Geekerella is a modern retelling of Cinderella. This was a really fun book to read, full of fandom geekiness. I listened to the whole audiobook in one night because it was too cute. Check out my review here.
- A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan – I loved this book! A cursed princess, pirates, sirens… this book was exciting and wonderful. I had a very hard time putting this audiobook on pause, I didn’t want to stop. There will hopefully be a sequel in the near future because I need more of these characters. Full review coming soon.
Now that I’m out of my slump, I’m hoping to stay on this track and continue reading at least five books per month for the rest of the year. However, I don’t technically need to because I’m five books ahead of schedule according to my Goodreads challenge! Regardless, here are the books I’m hoping to finish and read in September:
- City of Lost Souls and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – I plan on finishing up The Mortal Instruments audiobooks this month. If I hadn’t reached my audiobook limit on Scribd this past month, I probably would’ve finished them already.
- The Assassin’s Blade, Throne of Glass, Crown of Fire, and Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas – The re-read of this series is way of schedule, but I’m hoping to really get into them this month. I’m already halfway through Throne of Glass and about three quarters of the way through The Assassin’s Blade (yes, I started reading both… shh).
- The Siren by Kiera Cass – I’ve had this on my shelf for well over a year, so when my family went on a mini-vacation at the beginning of the month, I decided to bring this to read next to the water. I’m only a little bit into it, but I already love it.
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning – This is one of the books of the month for a Facebook group I’m in, which gave me the excuse to start it. I’m listening to the audiobook and it’s really good. It’s a retelling of The Little Mermaid (my favorite Disney movie of all time), told from a different perspective.
- Twice Dead by Caitlin Seal – I received an ARC of this book, which comes out September 18. It is about a girl who is murdered and becomes a wraith. That’s about all I know, but it sounds exciting!
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand – I finally got Furyborn! I’ve been wanting this book for months. I have heard nothing but good things about this book and I cannot wait to read it.
What are you reading this month? Have you read any of the books listed? Let me know in the comments!
And here are the books I bought or received in August:
- Enchantics by Lela Grayce
- Scylla (Part 1, Part 2, and Epilogue) by Lela Grayce
- Witch Hunter by J. Z. Foster
- Cornered Magic by Charissa Dufour
- Cursed by S. J. West