By: Cait Marie
Happy Friday! This week, I’m changing it up and talking about favorite tropes! I will give some examples with each as well. For those who don’t know, a trope is a common theme or situation found in fiction, whether it’s books, movies, or anything else that tells a story.
For a full list of the Friday Favorites prompts, click here.
Bloggers, the linky to add your post is at the bottom!
- Enemies to lovers
- Any sort of snark or bantering, fighting the attraction, and I’m here for it. Some of my favorites are Shatter Me, The Lochlann Feuds, and Red, White & Royal Blue.
- Friends to lovers
- I also love sweet romances where friends realize they love each other or that the other one has been there all along. Some of my favorites are Dating Nashville, The Dark Artifices, and Love, Life, and the List.
- Brother’s best friend/best friend’s brother
- This will always be one of the supreme tropes. Something about the forbidden nature just makes it that much more compelling, without crossing too many lines. Some of my favorites are Swinging Strike, Roman and the Hopeless Romantic, and Always a Roommate.
- Bad boy/girl or morally gray character with a secret heart of gold
- I just adore this one. It’s usually a character with a tragic past who thinks they’re undeserving or will do whatever it takes to protect those they love. Some of my favorites are A Court of Thorns and Roses, Shatter Me, and The Infernal Devices.
- Forced proximity
- Classic. I love the tension this creates, especially when combined with one of the above. Some of my favorites are The World Apart, Carve the Mark, and Recommended for You.
- Fake dating
- This one is always fun as well and creates some tension. Some of my favorites are Dating Nashville, Rent a Boyfriend, and Always a Friend.
- Fated mates, star-crossed lovers, destined, etc.
- I really love when things align so that they find their soul mate. It’s just so… good. Some of my favorites are Wicked Fae and all of Sarah J. Maas’s books.
What are some of your favorite tropes? Have any recommendations for me based on mine? Let me know in the comments and check out the other lists below!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…