By: Cait Marie
Happy Friday, and happy St. Patrick’s Day! This week, we’re talking about favorite adaptations! Now, this can be open to interpretation–whether you think it follows the book well, if it’s just a movie/series you enjoy, etc. For the sake of this list, I chose adaptations based only on books I’ve read. Some of my favorite movies are adaptations, but I haven’t read the books (*ahem* Wizard of Oz, Pride and Prejudice, and Lord of the Rings), so I’m not including them.
For a full list of the Friday Favorites prompts, click here.
Bloggers, the linky to add your post is at the bottom!
The first six are all comfort movies I watch a lot.
- The Princess Bride (technically I haven’t finished the book, but I’m counting it)
- The Hunger Games series (specifically the Catching Fire movie because it’s absolutely the best)
- The Harry Potter series
- The Mortal Instruments (apart from one detail at the end, I loved this movie and watch it frequently)
- The Giver (vastly under appreciated)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- If I Stay (hands down the closest adaptation I’ve ever seen; it was spot on)
- Divergent (only the first movie… we don’t count the others)
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Love, Simon
What are some of your favorite book adaptations? Let me know in the comments and check out the other lists below!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Leave a Reply