Originally posted on Leah’s Books.
Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
Last year was a great reading year for me all around—in terms of the number of books I read, the amount of 5 star books, and the number of new-to-me authors that I had discovered. There were a lot of really great authors that I hadn’t read any books by, and here’s some that really stood out as new favorites for me:
- David Dalglish — I fell in love with his new series, The Vagrant Gods, and couldn’t put the first book down. He’s got a huge backlist, and I’m really curious about them now.
- Melissa Caruso — I binge read her Rooks and Ruin series, and loved every page of the trilogy. Now I’m going to have to dive into her backlist.
- Elle Cosimano — her Finlay Donovan series had me both laughing out loud and completely hooked, and I couldn’t wait to read the next book.
- Tiffany McDaniel — her books are raw and emotional and beautifully written, and I ran through all of her books in 2022.
- Evan Winter — he was an incredible discovery in 2022, and I’m so glad I buddy read his books, so that I had someone to scream about them with.
- Jonathan Dunsky — this indie author reached out to me with a copy of the first book in his Adam Lapid series, and with that one read, I was totally hooked on the series.
- Rebecca Podos — even though I only read one of her books, I loved it so much I can already tell that I’m going to love her other books, which I’ll be checking out soon.
- Ashley Herring Blake — her bisexual and sapphic books are full of sass, humor, romance, and sarcasm, and I love her fierce characters and the relationships between them.
- Ayana Gray — her debut book was fantastic, and I loved everything about it. I haven’t gotten around to reading the sequel, but it’s high on my priority list as soon as I get the time.
- Blake Crouch — this was the first time I read a book by him, and it certainly wasn’t the last. I read another book by him, and plan to read more of them this year.