By: Cait Marie
Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. This week’s prompt is cozy reads… except, I don’t read many “cozy” books. So, here are my top ten comfort books and scenes that I constantly go back and re-read.
- The fearless rune scene in City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (all the Shadowhunter books in general, but this scene in particular, when Alec tries the rune, it’s my favorite)
- The hypothetical conversation under the tree in Autumn’s Reign by Robin D. Mahle & Elle Madison (as well as the rest of the series)
- The turkey scene in Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- The tunnel reunion scene in Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- The tattoo and ceremony scene in The Tempest Sea by Robin D. Mahle (and the rest of the series)
- Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi (but Ignite Me is my favorite)
- The Hidden Warrior duology by M. Lynn
- The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine (and the rest of the series)
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Simon and the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Do you have favorite scenes you go back and re-read?
Let me know in the comments!
Leave a Reply