Originally posted on Leah’s Books.
Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
2021 was a great year for reading, all around. And I discovered some truly amazing authors that I hadn’t read any books from previously. While there were so many to choose from, these are the ten that made the biggest impact on my reading last year:
- Deborah Harkness — I fell in love with the first book of A Discovery of Witches and couldn’t stop reading the series.
- Christina Lauren — after reading The Unhoneymooners, I went on a bit of a CL kick and read a few more books. I’m planning on reading some more in 2022.
- Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen — seriously, what rock have I been under that I didn’t read any of these books before 2021? I can’t wait to get to their newest book this year!
- Helen Hoang — as soon as I started reading The Kiss Quotient, I fell in love with her style and read all the rest of the books. Now I’ll be anxiously awaiting another book to come out.
- Alice Hoffman — I was so impressed with Magic Lessons that I went on to read a few more of her books. I’m hoping to work through more of her backlist this year.
- Jasmine Guillory — what a fabulous author to stumble upon! Although Royal Holiday was the fourth book in a series, now I want to work through the rest of the series and check out her other books as well.
- Rena Rossner — once I got approved for an ARC of The Light of the Midnight Stars, I immediately read her other book, and wanted to cry when I realized that she doesn’t have any other books out. Hopefully a new book will be forthcoming soon.
- Casey McQuiston — I’ve only read one of her books, One Last Stop, but I’m definitely going to be changing that in 2022.
- Rachel Lynn Solomon — I knew she was going to be a favorite after I read The Ex Talk, and managed to read three other books of hers in 2021.
- Jessica Townsend — The Nevermoor series was one of the best that I’ve read in … well, forever. I’m so glad that I found this author in 2021, and hope to see a new book from her soon!