*Originally shared on Leah’s Books.
There are so many great book settings to choose from, and some of the settings I like depend on the genre. However, there are some settings in which books take place that I always love. These include:
- Bookstores. Come on, who doesn’t like a story that takes place in a bookstore?
- Libraries. This is another one of my favorite settings, and there have been some great fantasy stories set in libraries.
- Seasides. These are usually either spooky or romantic, and either way, I’m here for it.
- Schools. As in dark academia, since I don’t seem to be able to pass up a fantasy set in a school.
- On vacation. When books are set in vacation spots, it makes me kind of feel like I’m on vacation with them.
- In the UK. I’ve always wanted to go to the UK, and I absolutely love reading books set there. It fulfills a tiny bit of my wanderlust.
- Snowy settings. There’s just something that draws my attention to a book set in the snow, and makes me want to curl up under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee while reading.
- Fantasy worlds. Learning the ins and outs of a new world is irresistible to me.
- Kingdoms. Since the likelihood of me getting into a royal court is slim to none, I always jump at the chance of reading a book set in the inner circle of a kingdom.
- New York City. While I live near this location, I love reading books set here. I’m familiar with some of the sites, but books that are written like a love letter to NYC often teach me about new spots to visit in the city.