Top Ten Tuesday used to be a weekly post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. “It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.” This is definitely something I can understand and want to participate in.
Originally posted on Leah’s Books.
Halloween is approaching, and it’s starting to feel like the pinnacle of fall. I have a TBR shelf that is overflowing with spooky season reads, and I want to share some of them with you. Since today’s prompt is a Halloween freebie, I’m talking about the spooky season reads on my TBR!
- Witchful Thinking by Celestine Martin — a sweet, paranormal romance featuring a witch (of course).
- At Midnight edited by Dahlia Adler — a collection of reimagined fairy tales.
- Queen Among the Dead by Lesley Livingston — a fantasy involving Irish folklore and legends as well as ancient history.
- The Magician’s Daughter by H.G. Parry — an awesome-sounding historical fantasy.
- The Witch and the Vampire by Francesca Flores — a queer Rapunzel retelling involving a witch and a vampire? YES PLEASE.
- The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik — the long-awaited sequel to the Scholomance series!
- Bone Weaver by Aden Polydoros — queer Jewish fantasy featuring magic and benevolent undead.
- Only a Monster by Vanessa Len — dark fantasy romance starring monsters and monster hunters.
- House of Hunger by Alexis Henderson — bloodmaids and an enchanting, magnetic countess that sounds an awful lot like Elizabeth Bathory, and this one is irresistible.
- My Dear Henry: A Jekyll and Hyde Remix by Kalynn Bayron — a queer remix of Jekyll and Hyde featuring characters of color, written by one of my favorite authors makes this one I’m eagerly looking forward to.
Leave a Reply