By: Cait Marie
I thought I’d switch it up this week and talk about movies. More specifically, Christmas movies! Christmas is my favorite day of the year, and people often call me Buddy the Elf because of how much I love it. So, I thought I’d share a list of the movies I watch every year.
- The Santa Clause – Fun fact, I spelled Santa Claus wrong my entire life because of this movie… I literally didn’t know until like last year. I watch this one the most throughout December.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – This one is so good, but it’s depressing. It’s my Christmas Eve movie.
- The Grinch – Jim Carrey version, of course. I adore this movie and watch it every December 1st.
- White Christmas – Love, love, love this movie.
- Elf – How can I not include this? It’s me. Also, I still quote almost every day.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Now, you might be asking, “Didn’t you notice his name was spelled different in this one?” The answer is a resounding no. Also, the “Put One Foot in Front of the Other” song is catchy as heck! I sing it all the time… and I can’t walk! haha
- Noelle – This one Disney+ put out a couple years ago is amazing. It became an instant favorite. I’m 100% certain I’m the love child of Noelle and Buddy the Elf.
- The Family Stone – This is a vastly under-appreciated movie. It’s so, so good. This is usually the one I watch with my mom and sisters.
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Pure nostalgia. This soundtrack is the best too.
- Meet Me in St. Louis – Not a Christmas movie, but the scene where they’re dancing and then Judy Garland sings, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” is my absolute favorite.
There are plenty more, but these are the top ten. This doesn’t even include all the cheesy Hallmark and Netflix movies!
What are your favorite holiday movies?
Leave a Reply